Thursday, March 5, 2015

rejoice

I'm on a roll this week with running with flowers in my hands.... 
Today as I was running to Green Lake, I spotted a bouquet of flowers that someone had stuck in a fence on the side of the road on the Ave.  It looked like they'd been there overnight so I grabbed them and brought them home for Dad to wish him a happy birthday! 

When I was running around Green Lake, I was listening to a playlist that had the song from Randall Goodgame's CD "Sing the Bible". My favorite song on there is where Sally Lloyd Jones reads the verse from Philippians 4 with the mandolin playing in the background.  A big smile flashed across my face as this came on, and I picked up the pace with a spring in my step.  I prayed that you would be able to live into this verse today and rejoice... 

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:6-9

I made a video for you of some favorite pictures that remind me to rejoice... 


No comments:

Post a Comment